|A fantastic way to use up left over rice!|
Transform your leftovers into something sexxxy!
* 3 cups of cooked brown/wild rice blend
* 1 cup of cooked chicken breast(chopped finely)
* 8 large vine tomatoes (or, other large tomatoes)
* 3/4 cup of fresh buffalo mozzarella ( chopped into small pieces)
* 5 ounces of Gorgonzola Cheese crumbles
* 1/3 cup of heavy cream
* 1/4 cup of fresh basil (chopped)
* 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes (chopped finely)
* 2-3 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES
1.) With a serrated knife, slice off the tops of tomatoes and hollow out the centers (reserve tops). Set tomatoes aside.
2.)In a small sauce pan on low heat, combine the heavy cream and Gorgonzola Cheese crumbles. Heat until the crumbles melt into the cream and forms a velvety sauce. Remove from heat.
3.) In a mixing bowl, combine the wild/brown rice blend, chicken, mozzarella cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and basil. Stir to combine thoroughly.
4.)Stir the Gorgonzola cream into the rice mixture and with a spoon, stuff each tomato with the mixture.
5.) Place each stuffed tomato in a large baking dish. Place tomato tops back on each tomato (optional), and drizzle with a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
6.) Bake for 25-30 minutes, then remove from oven and serve immediately.
7.) Thank Cathi xxoo